If you are having troubles pairing/connecting your powermeter to a 3rd party device or app via either ANT+ or Bluetooth, the following suggestions should help.
- Make sure your powermeter is awake by spinning the crank several times before pairing.
- Make sure the battery is not dead. If it is, replace the battery. When you replace the battery, insert the battery into the powermeter upside down for 5 seconds, and then reinstall in the correct orientation. This will reset the powermeter and all connections.
ANT+ supports connecting a powermeter to multiples devices at the same time. You should refer to your ANT+ device instruction manual for how to pair a powermeter.
If you are having issues pairing your powermeter to a head unit/cycling computer or app over Bluetooth, try the following:
- Make sure the powermeter is not paired to another app or device via Bluetooth. The powermeter only transmits on one Bluetooth channel, and once that channel is occupied, it cannot be connected to another Bluetooth device. If it is connected to another Bluetooth device or app, you must first delete that pairing, and then reconnect to the device you are wanting to. This includes the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device.
- Try removing your powermeter from the sensor list and repairing it.
- Make sure your powermeter is awake by spinning the crank several times before pairing/zeroing.
- Make sure you don’t have a dead battery. You can check the battery status on the 4iiii App. If you do replace the battery, first insert the battery into the powermeter upside down for 5 seconds, and then reinstall in the correct orientation. This will reset the powermeter.
- Make sure their aren't any other Bluetooth devices/sensors connected to the device or app that would be conflicting the powermeter connection.