Strava can be used to track your workouts and simulate real life outdoor courses.
To use Strava with the STAC Zero Halcyon or Powermeter, you'll need to both a Strava account and the STAC Control Panel app.
- Download the Strava app from App Store or Play Store, or create an account at https://www.strava.com/
- Download the STAC Control Panel app to your smart phone from App Store or Play Store.
How do I access Strava in STAC Control Panel?
- Turn on your trainer
- Open STAC Control Panel, and connect to the trainer.
- Select RIDE From the MAIN MENU
- Halcyon: Swipe right twice to get to the STRAVA tab from the RIDE main page.
- Halcyon and Powermeter: Select SIGN IN TO STRAVA. If this is your first time, select AUTHORIZE to allow STAC Control Panel to access your Strava profile data.
- Select a route by checking the box to the left, then press RIDE
How do I get my Strava routes to show up in STAC Control Panel?
To ride a simulation of a real cycling route in STAC Control Panel, you have to "star" the segment you want to ride in Strava. Start from Strava's main page: https://www.strava.com/
To ride a route you've done in real life with Strava:
- Open your route from the "training" tab.
- Click the star icon to the left of the segment you want.
To ride a new segment:
- Select "explore"
- Select either "segment explore" or "segment search," and pull up the segment you want.
- Click the star icon to the left of it.
The starred segment should be set to Public.
Here's an article from Strava on creating segments in your routes:
Strava only makes the information available to the app as segments, however you can create a long segment.
Once you log in to Strava in STAC Control Panel, all the routes you've starred will automatically show up in your menu.