Follow these instruction to reboot the Halcyon following a firmware failure.
See also: Reboot the Halcyon (for Android).
- When you try to turn the trainer on, the magnets do not move. The red light flashes briefly (about 10 times) when the spoke magnet passes sensor, then both lights turn off and stay off.
- The lights may not turn on at all unless the trainer is plugged in.
- Charging the trainer overnight does not change this behaviour.
- The trainer does not show up to other apps when the lights are activated.
- The trainer shows up as "DfuTarg" when you try to connect via STAC Control Panel.
- Attempting to connect with "DfuTarg" and complete the update results in the update timing out and returning to the previous screen.
Follow these steps to fresh-install the firmware.
1. Charge the trainer, if you haven't already.
2. Download nRF Connect from App Store.
3. From the phone's web browser, go to https://www.staczero.com/halcyon_v2006.zip and download the file.
4. Open nRF Connect.
- Pass the magnet close by the speed sensor to wake up the trainer. The lights will flash briefly.
- Press SCAN.
5. You should see a local device called "DfuTarg". CONNECT with"DfuTarg".
6. Swipe left twice to see this screen. Select Open Document Picker.
7. Select the Halcyon_v2006.zip file you downloaded in step 3.
8. Wait for the file to download.
9. Once you see this screen, you can close nRF Connect. You should now be able to connect with the Halcyon normally.
In most cases this symptom occurs when the Halcyon is stored with very low batteries over several weeks or months.
- Make sure to charge the Halcyon regularly. Disconnecting from the charging cable once the trainer is fully charged will help preserve the battery life.
- Make sure to charge the Halcyon before putting into storage, ideally to 50%-80%.