The following care tips are general to lithium ion batteries.
- DO remember to turn Fliiiight OFF when not in use.
- Update for Fliiiight firmware version 3.8.0: If left on, Fliiiight will move the motors every 30 seconds when not in use, to alert users that it has not been turned off.
- DO charge Fliiiight regularly. You can charge it during, or between rides.
- DO charge using a wall outlet adaptor. Laptop and desktop USB ports may stop supplying power when the device goes to sleep.
- DO unplug the charger once the battery is full. Modern lithium ion batteries are not at risk of overcharging. However, leaving a full battery connected to the charger contributes to battery aging.
- DO check your battery level in the app and charge the trainer if you plan to put Fliiiight in storage for a week or longer. Ideally, charge it to between 50% and 80% for long term storage.
- DO NOT leave the battery fully depleted. Storing the battery depleted contributes to battery aging. Batteries may become damaged if they are over-discharged.
- DO charge Fliiiight for several hours if the battery is fully drained.
- DO follow the guidelines for operating, charging and storage temperature.
- DO NOT charge or use the trainer below 5°C (41°F). Doing so may result in damage to the battery, explosion, or injury.
Operating and charging temperature :
5°C to 45°C (41°F to 114°F)
Storage temperature :
-20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 114°F)