What is a log?
Log files captured from STAC Control Panel are extremely detailed records of the trainer's internal program state, and can help us accurately diagnose trainer issues.
When you're capturing a log, do a short ride including the specific things you're having trouble with, and tell us what you did in your email to email@example.com.
- "I pedalled up to about 80rpm in my top gear, then I stopped, waited for it to calibrate, then I did it again"
- "I did the first 5km in the Zwift 'Lady Liberty' bike route".
- STAC Control Panel only connects over Bluetooth, and STAC Zero models have a single Bluetooth channel. That means if the odd trainer behaviour occurs while connected to another training app over Bluetooth, you cannot capture a log simultaneously. If the odd behaviour occurs while connected over ANT+, you can connect the trainer to your other app and record the log with STAC Control Panel simultaneously.
- The log only captures the current ride, starting when you connected to STAC Control Panel.
- The longer the log, the more information. A very short log without any riding likely won't tell us much.
How do I send my log to support?
- Install STAC Control Panel from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Turn on your trainer.
- Open STAC Control Panel and connect to your trainer.
- If the "first time" tutorial comes up, click the back button in the top left to get rid of it.
- Click "logging" in the main screen
- Click "clear log"
- Do the action that you're having a problem with.
- Click "send log" and follow your OS's steps. Select email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: on iPhone and iPad, you will need your mail client set up first in order to send a log.