Use ANT+ to connect with your trainer if:
- The device you use to run your training apps does not have built in Bluetooth (example: Windows PC, older laptops).
- Your training app connects to smart trainers over ANT+ FE-C, but not over Bluetooth Smart FTMS (the standard Bluetooth connection protocol for smart trainers) or only connects to a limited number of trainer models over Bluetooth.
- Your app and device are both ANT+ compatible, and you're experiencing Bluetooth interference. Keep in mind that while ANT+ can be more reliable when it is in range, it has a shorter range (3m or 10').
- Plug the ANT+ USB Stick into your computer or device.
- PC: Let Windows find and install the ANT+ drivers.
- In most cases, this occurs automatically. If a dialogue or notification pops up asking if you'd like to install the drivers, accept.
- If you have used an ANT+ USB stick with this PC before, the drivers should already be installed.
- MAC: Macbooks come with the ANT+ drivers already installed.
For troubleshooting, see: I can't I get my device and app to recognize my ANT+ dongle
Android Phones with built in ANT+
Some Android devices have ANT+ built in. Check out the ANT+ product directory to see if your device has native ANT+. You may need to install ANT plugins, or they may come pre-installed
Other Android Phones
Other android devices may require an ANT+ dongle. Use the ANT+ USB dongle with a USB to USB-C or USB to MicroUSB adapter. You'll also require these ANT+ Plugins: