You must have one (1) spoke index installed on a spoke, and the bike installed in the trainer to begin these steps.
Activate the trainer
- Flip the “ON” switch. The switch is located at the top of the left indent on the electronics case. The magnet arrays will close on your wheel in order to center themselves. Keep the wheel still until they release.
- Pedal to start your ride.
Tip: Until the trainer receives a command from the controlling app, it will default to 36% resistance.
Connect to an app
Tip: These are general guidelines. Check the app’s user guide or support resources for assistance connecting to and navigating your individual app.
Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ must be enabled on your device before connecting to the trainer.
- Android or Apple smartphone, tablet, Macbook or Apple TV with Bluetooth Smart
- Make sure Bluetooth and location services are enabled on your device.
- Windows PC, Windows Laptop or Macbook with an ANT+ dongle
- Plug the ANT+ dongle into a USB port.
- Android device with native ANT+
- ANT Radio Service and ANT+ Plug-ins may come pre-installed on your device, or you may need to download them from Google Play.
- Start your cycling app.
- Turn the trainer on. The magnet arrays will close on your wheel in order to center themselves. Keep the wheel still until they release.
- Navigate to the app’s device connection page, and search for nearby devices. Your trainer will show up as “4iiii Fliiiight” in the device list. If it doesn't show up initially, try pedalling.
- Connect to the trainer.
- Navigate to your workout
- Pedal to start your workout.
Once you have paired with the trainer once, many apps will pair with it automatically next time you start up the app and trainer. You'll simply navigate to your workout, and pedal to start.
Don't forget to turn the trainer off when you're finished!
Update for Fliiiight firmware version 3.8.0: If left on, Fliiiight will move the motors every 30 seconds when not in use, to alert users that it has not been turned off.