You wheel speed on the trainer doesn't correlate directly with your speed on the bike, so it isn't a useful independent measure of your progress. It is important to measure wheel speed correctly to get an accurate power reading. Remember: Speed x Force = Power.
To ensure you're getting an accurate speed reading
- Install one speed index and slide it towards your wheel rim.
- Update your wheel rim circumference in the 4iiii app if you have a wheel size other than 700c (29" MTB).
That's it! Your wheel speed is Distance (# of wheel rotations x circumference of the wheel) over Time. As long as your trainer can detect each wheel rotation and knows the rim circumference, you have the correct speed.
- You can check the quality of your speed sensor, and get debugging tips in the 4iiii app. See Using the 4iiii app's diagnostic tools if you encounter any signs your speed sensor is obscured.
- Learn why wheel speed is different from your speed on the bike.
- Troubleshoot Bluetooth and ANT+ if your speed and power stop updating in your app.