- How to turn the trainer on
- The lights don't turn on when I flip the switch
- The lights turn on but the magnets don't move at all
- The trainer turns on and touches the wheel, but then doesn't engage the magnets to start my ride
- The trainer doesn't show up in the app's connection menu or doesn't connect to an app
- The trainer appears connected but does not change resistance
- The trainer is on and connected, but virtual inertia is not engaging when I ride
How to turn the trainer on:
- Install one (1) speed index on a spoke and slide it towards the wheel rim.
- Flip the switch ON. The ON/OFF switch is located in the left indent on the electronics case. Fliiiight will close the magnets on the wheel rim, center itself, then release. Wait for the magnets to release.
- Pedal to activate.
The trainer will default to 36% resistance until it connects with and receives a command from the controlling app.
The lights don't turn on when I flip the switch
If the trainer does not activate when you flip the on switch, or it turns itself back off it is most likely low on batteries. A yellow or yellow and red status light when it does turn on is another hint your battery is low. Try charging the trainer using the included USB-C charger. See: Charging and storing the trainer
If the trainer is not charging despite being on the charger,
- Check that the outlet and charger are supplying power, or try a different outlet.
- Contact support
Note that charging the trainer using a USB wall outlet adapter is recommended. Laptops and computers may stop supply power to charging devices when they enter sleep mode.
The lights turn on but the magnets don't move at all
Note: Go to the next section if the magnets touch the wheel, then stop moving.
- Make sure you have removed the zip tie which prevents the resistance unit from moving during shipping.
- Make sure the magnet arrays are rotated so they are parallel with the wheel rim.
- Try charging the trainer.
- Check if the magnet arrays are able to respond to a manual command.
- Contact support. Let them know you've tried this troubleshooting step and the results.
The trainer turns on and touches the wheel, but then doesn't engage the magnets to start my ride
This means the trainer is having difficulty detecting the wheel.
The trainer doesn't show up in the app's connection menu or doesn't connect to an app
Try these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Try pedalling.
- Move the device closer to the trainer.
- Press re-scan in the app.
- Close and restart the app.
Tip: Always connect from within your app, not in your phone's main Bluetooth connection menu.
Check out these articles for more tips specific to Bluetooth or ANT+:
- Bluetooth: My training app can't find Fliiiight when it scans for devices
- How do I enable ANT+ for my device?
- ANT+: My training app can't find Fliiiight when it scans for devices
- I can't I get my device and app to recognize my ANT+ USB stick