Try the following troubleshooting tips:
- 1) Make sure the Viiiiva is awake by turning it on (see detailed instructions in the User Guide) or rubbing the snap contacts.
- It's possible that the issue is with the strap rather than the unit. Try removing the strap from the Viiiiva, rub the two snaps on the back of the module, and see if that wakes up the Viiiiva.
- Replace the Viiiiva battery with a fresh battery. Follow the instructions in Section10 of the User Guide.
- Make sure bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone
- Close the 4iiii app and relaunch.
- Delete the 4iiii app then reinstall from the App Store, launch, and scan for Viiiiva.