- What is the Wheel Rim Circumference value and why is it important?
- Should I change it?
- How do I update my Wheel Rim Circumference?
- My wheel size isn't in the drop down menu. How do I know what value I should enter?
Why is the Wheel Rim Circumference value important?
The wheel rim circumference is used to calculate the distance part of your speed reading, which in turn is an essential part of your power calculation.
Should I change it?
Fliiiight is calibrated for a standard 700c road bike wheel or 29” MTB wheel. If you have a different wheel size, you should update this value using the 4iiii app to get the most accurate power readings.
How do I update my Wheel Rim Circumference?
1. Download the 4iiii app.
2. Sign in, or if this is your first time, sign up for an account.
2. From the devices tab (square icon to the left), select Add a Device.
3. Turn on the trainer. Select the checkbox next to Fliiiight Smart Trainer, then select Connect.
4. Select “>” for more options.
Go to “Wheel Circumference” and select your wheel from the drop down menu.
- Download the 4iiii app.
- Connect to the trainer.
- Select Settings.
- Select the brake rim circumference field, update it and press send.
My wheel size isn't in the drop down menu. How do I know what value I should enter?
Your ISO number is the diameter of your rim in mm. If you know the ISO number for your wheel size, enter it manually. This article also has a list of wheel sizes along with their ISO numbers.
iPhone: The app will calculate the wheel rim circumference from your ISO.
Android: Multiply you ISO by pi to find your wheel's circumference. Enter this number, rounded to the nearest millimetre.