- I attempted a firmware update, but nothing happened.
- I attempted a firmware update, but the app says it failed.
- My firmware update appeared successful, but now my trainer isn't responding to commands.
See also: How do I update my firmware?
I attempted a firmware update, but nothing happened
- If you already have the most up-to-date version, the firmware update button will appear grayed out (iOS app), or read "UP TO DATE" (Android app). No further action is required.
- Fliiiight has multiple Bluetooth channels. In order for the firmware to update successfully, Fliiiight must only be connected to the app updating the firmware. Close all other apps and disconnect other devices before beginning the update.
I attempted a firmware update, but the app says it failed.
- If a firmware update fails, the trainer will return to the previous version. Close the 4iiii app to disconnect from the trainer. You can re-attempt the update after 20 minutes if desired. Keep the app open and the device close to the trainer until the update completes.
- If the update fails multiple times,
- Check that all other apps and devices have been disconnected
- Try using a different phone
- Use the Chrome app to update your firmware. Open the Chrome link on Android or Mac OS.
- Troubleshoot your Bluetooth connection
- Android app: Remove the Android app, and re-download it from Play store.
Contact support for more assistance.
My firmware update appeared successful, but now my trainer isn't responding to commands
Reboot your phone. Some phones can cache information from previous firmware versions, which can interfere with their communication with the new firmware.