Serial number lookup
With your hand, firmly double tap the left crank on the side opposite the device to trigger the serial number lookup for the device. In order for this double tap to work, the device must be paired to an iPhone over Bluetooth. This can be done in one of two ways, first by selecting the device in the Find My app with the iPhone to which the device was paired with; or second, with the ‘Identified Found Item’ button in the Find My app. When double tapped under these conditions, the device will perform a triple green blink, indicating it is in serial number lookup mode.
Disabling Apple Find My
Disabling Apple Find My requires removing the battery by rotating the battery cap counter clockwise 30 degrees. The battery and cap can then be lifted off of the main power meter body disabling the product.
Apple Find My factory reset
- Wake up the PRECISION 3+ Powermeter by rotating the crank 3-4 times.
- Choose the device you want to reset and select “Connect”. Tip: If you are uncertain about which device to connect to, the ANT+ ID is etched on the side of the power meter for easy viewing.
- Select your power meter to enter the Device Settings screen and from there select the black settings button.
- A list of options will come up, choose “Factory Reset Find My”, then when prompted, choose “start”.
- To complete the process you will be prompted to remove the battery for 5 seconds and reinstall. The pod will blink green to indicate the factory reset was successful. Note: After an Apple Find My factory reset your power meter will automatically be renamed back to its ANT+ ID. You can rename it again to your preferred title by selecting ‘rename device’ from the Device Settings screen.