PRECISION 3 retains its extremely low profile, 800-hour battery life, and stellar accuracy, but adds Gyroscope and more responsive cadence and power output. 4iiii has taken a new look at the cadence algorithm, the sensors used, and when they are used based on innovative new development processes.
Key Features of the 1.2.0 Realtime Terrain Auto-Optimizing Firmware update:
- Specifically developed to guarantee optimal performance and unwavering accuracy across any riding surface.
- Uses the accelerometer for exceptional battery life on smooth steady state cruising and automatically switches to the gyroscope on rough terrain, gravel or for the high RPM sprints.
- Improved cadence reliability for buttery smooth power measurement.
- Instantaneous startup and transitional responsiveness for those sprinting from 0 to hero, up to 220 rpm!
- Industry dominating battery life on a coin cell.
To install the firmware update, please follow the instructions in section 8.0 of the relevant 4iiii App User Guide below:
With two patents pending for new technologies developed, the PRECISION 3 firmware update 1.2.0 will be available for all PRECISION 3 owners starting March 30, 2023 via the 4iiii app. More details on the specifics of the firmware, testing processes, and future innovations will be hosted on 4iiii.com’s blog page. 4iiii power meters are available at 4iiii.com as well as select online retailers.